If you’re considering any changes in your home, one of the questions might be whether it’s better to sell or renovate your home. This is a very common question which brings a lot of things into play in answering it.
The right answer for you will depend on many things. Some of the most important are as follows:
- What’s The Market Like in Your Area? If it’s hot and houses sell quickly it may be time to “cash in”. OR if you want to roll the dice because it may continue to appreciate in your area then consider how to you can make it better and wait for payday later.
question from so many buyers, because they only want the best for their kids. If yours’ are good that bodes well for getting motivated buyers. If they’re not good, then time can change that when either the schools get better or the boundaries change.
- Do You Need More Space? Are you having more kids? Or is any other family going to move in? If so, consider your future requirements.
- How Does Your Home Compare? Is it above or below what your neighbors are living in? If many of them have renovated, but you haven’t, it presents a challenge at selling.
- Do You Have the Money? Do you have a way to borrow or get the money to spend on making your home better? Like one of these?
- How Long Will You Stay? If you don’t think you want to stay there for the next 5 to 7 years, you’ve got a very important decision to make.
Take the “Sell or Renovate” quiz to see how your answers steer you in your decision.
At Brakur Custom Cabinetry, we have the experience to help you may all the right decisions when it comes to your home. Our experts are here to help you in any way you need. Contact an expert here.
If you’re thinking about remodeling, don’t forget our Remodel Survival Guide to help you along the way. It’s a free download.