No one wants to flush money down the toilet when remodeling his or her bathroom. There are lots of things you can do save money on your custom bathroom remodel. Too many times we underestimate how complicated a bathroom remodel can be and we try and cut corners by doing it ourselves. More often than not it turns into a DIY nightmare that someone else comes in to fix or we live with until it is time to sell the house.
So how can you avoid costly bathroom remodel mistakes and cut down on the cost of your bathroom remodel?
- Work with a company such as Brakur Custom Cabinetry that offers a free initial consultation and designer. It is important to plan and design a bathroom that functions and looks great. It will help ensure that your design, budget, and timeline expectations are practical. They can guide you through the process and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Don’t move plumbing. Think about the level of bathroom remodel you are considering and know that anytime you move walls or plumbing it increases the cost. So unless you are enlarging your bathroom try to keep location of plumbing fixtures in the same spot.
- Don’t replace the toilet, unless it is broken. Sometimes you can get away with just replacing the toilet seat and lid. We understand if your house is 50 years old and you still have that pink porcelain toilet. If it is your standard white toilet then why get rid of a good thing that already looks good and works.
- Use alternatives for tile. For example you can use bead board to add texture to your custom Chicagoland bathroom.
- Include some open shelving or an open vanity.
- Give it a splash of color with paint. The color of your walls can really change a drab bathroom to a stunning and warm bathroom.
- Determine what the main focal point of your bathroom is. If it is your vanity sometimes it is worth spending a little extra for a granite countertop that is more durable and will hold up to abuse.
At Brakur Custom Cabinetry our remodeling experts can help you with the layout, design, and work within your budget. They can guide you to certain upgrades such as space saving bathroom storage ideas and let you know what upgrades you can do with out. If you are considering a custom bathroom remodel and would like to set a up your free initial consultation you can contact us here.
Click below to download your free cabinetry guide.