When it comes to a custom kitchen remodel, most of us have a pretty good idea of what we want for cabinets and countertops. But when it comes to choosing appliances we have no idea. We may not even know what appliances besides a microwave, oven, and refrigerator that we need or could include. Or maybe there are all these different appliances we want but aren’t really sure how to work them into the kitchen design.
Choosing appliances for your kitchen has a lot to do with your lifestyle and how much you cook. The kitchen for an avid cook might look a lot different and include more appliances than the kitchen for the non-cook. Regardless of whether you cook or not there are some things you will want to consider and think about before choosing your appliances.
Things to Consider
- More expensive typically means better but not always.
- When choosing a gas range you will want a variety of heat options for cooking.
- Explore newer technology such as steam ovens. They are becoming increasingly popular and in some instances are replacing microwaves.
- Warming drawers are a necessity if you entertain and cook a lot.
- Choose a range hood with adequate ventilation.
- Consider refrigerator and freezer drawers for extra storage.
- Read consumer reports and reviews on appliances you are considering.
- If you have children you may consider an appliance finish such as slate that is low maintenance and hides fingerprints.
To read the complete Houzz article “A cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances” you can click here.
Our remodeling experts at Brakur Custom Cabinetry can help you figure out what appliances to include in your kitchen design and where to put your appliances in a kitchen remodel. If there is a special appliance such as a gourmet beverage station that you would like to include we can customize your kitchen to make it fit and go with the overall flow. If you are considering starting a kitchen remodel in the Chicagoland area you can contact us here.
Click below to download a free kitchen design guide.